Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring fishing


This will be a fun card for some fisherman friend.  I used spring colors (misc. papers); added a bit of a banner and twine to enhance an image from Digi Darla.  I colored the fish with watercolor and chalk pencils, and sponged with lemon colored chalk - probably too faint to show up.  Since the second line was too wide for the Nestie, I just cut into the body of the image to place it over the die while cutting.  I am satisfied with that result.  (Using the next larger Nestie would have made the image too big for this card - and with too much white showing.)  In retrospect I wish I had trimmed the A and R a bit more. 
Serendipity - as I was getting out my twine, I re-discovered an old mesh bag I saved for something, some time!  Well, this was the time - I hope it looks a bit like a net.
Sketch- with spring):  http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/
Green:  http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/
 Banner:  http://chocolatecoffeecards.blogspot.com/
Sherbet colors (green, peach, apricot, lemon - hope I saw them right!!!):   http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.co.uk/




8 comments:

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Dorothy. Love the masculine image, the way you cut around the word... the mesh piece is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Chocolate Coffee & Cards said...

Too cute, and oh so true! It made me laugh cuz I live with fishermen and this is so common, lol! Such a great card and we are happy to have you with us at CC&CC! Aloha, Joanne!

Cathymac said...

Wonderful masculine card and use of the sketch, Dorothy! That mesh behind the fish looks just like a fishing net...perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Dewi Lestari said...

Great male card! Thanks for joining at Chocolate Coffee & Cards Challenges: Banners
Hugs
Dewi

Faye said...

This is so cool and I love how you coloured the fish. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop. X

Lynn McAuley said...

So very true!!! Great masculine design, Dorothy!

dawnmercedes said...

oooh, I love the net!