Friday, July 10, 2015

Another repost

I am also reposting this card, originally posted yesterday, in order to be able to create an individual link.
This card also uses the emerald cs available at Classy Cards 'n Such; Cuttlebug border embossing folder, ribbon and sequins from my stash; sentiment from Unity.
To create the splatters I used reinker (Tsukinecko), mixed with a bit of water.  I dipped a toothbrush in it, and alternately tapped, shook, and plunked to get the result.  To create the bg for this card I used a plastic stencil (rows of dots) to get the somewhat more even pattern, and added a bit of DP for the bottom panel.
Splatters:   http://classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/2015/07/ccns-challenge-92-splatters.html
Dots:          http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Mulberry Mindy said...

A different style of splatter is unique on this card. It works well with the embossed border and stencil used, as well as your sentiment. Thanks for sharing this card in our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.
Mindy~CCNS DT

Debbie said...

Hey, your way of adding the splatter is neat. It works so well behind the stencil. I love that border strip. Classy card if I do say so. Thank you for joining the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week. I can't wait to see your cards and ideas again!

Jenny Alia said...

Love the backgound effect and these blues are my favorite colors! Thanks so much for joining in the Splatters challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. I love the stencil and the colors you chose for it. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such splatter challenge. I hope you join us again soon.

Colette said...

Lovely card Dorothy! Love the fresh colours. Thank you for playing along with Incy Wincy this week, good luck! Colette - DT xx

Karen C said...

How pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog! Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs,
Karen C