Saturday, August 22, 2015

Adrienne's #4

Here is another card to send to our granddaughter at the Air Force Academy.  I am making cards to send to her so she can, in turn, send them on to her friends.  (More info in the previous post).  This time I am using clip art - which I sponged with chalk for a bit of a vintage look.  I also used  Steampunk EF, by Darice.  The white back of the Paper Studio DP shows through - I had not anticipated this but I like the effect.  I used bits of the You folder (Cuttlebug) for the brown strip.  subtle chalking with different browns add to the grungy look - though it does not show much here.  I had a bit of patriotic ribbon, and a piece of plastic (shelf liner, maybe...) as well as a bit of frizzy stuff for a bow.  It is actually from a package of doll hair.  (Can you tell I am trying to use up some odds and ends? )
Sketch:       http://www.inspiredbystamping.com/blogs/ibs-inspiration-challenges
Things with wings:   http://www.vintagejourney.com/
Wings:        http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/
Inspiration:    http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/
Tic Tac Toe (middle row) :    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/ 

12 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is wonderful, Dorothy! LOVE the amazing texture and patriotic image/colors! Thank you to your granddaughter for her service and to you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a cool image for your granddaughter. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky girls this challenge. I LOVE what you did for our 'Things with Wings' challenge. Look forward to having you join us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely reason to make a card - and I'm sure they are appreciated! Your eagle is beautiful and the embossed background gives nice texture to the card. Thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

Beverley said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in our "BINGO" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Jo Herbert said...

Love the colours & textures thoughtout your card. THanks for joining us over at Inspired By Stamping. Jo Herbert

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the colors and the textured background, Dorothy!! I am sure your granddaughter will love it! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Redanne said...

Such a lovely idea to make and send these to your GD so that she can send them out. Your colour choices work so well together and the design is lovely. Thanks so much for joining in at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Dorothy--Sorry, I totally had a comment, but ended up hitting a wrong button somewhere on my keyboard! I hate that when that happens! LOL :) Let me try this again--
This is a wonderful card!! What a Great idea to make cards for your grand daughter for her to be able to send out! That's a great way to 'pay it forward' not only to your grand daughter, but she cares enough about sending out home made cards!! Good Girl!! :) :) Thank you so much for bringing this card over to Anne's Things with Wings challenge at A Vintage Journey! XOXO-Shari, AVJ Creative Guide

Jo said...

Lovely card and what a great thing to do....bet your Grand Daughter is so thankful. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here

Leah said...

Lovely card! The embossing adds such a nice feel. So glad you joined us at Inspired By Stamping!

Jennie Atkinson said...

A wonderful card and such a great idea behind it. Thank you for travelling with us at A Vintage Journey for our Things With Wings Challenge. Jennie x