Monday, February 29, 2016

Eureka Challenge #182 - CAS

Here is my design team card for Eureka Stamps challenge #182, which is open through Sunday, March 6.
I will be the first to admit that CAS cards are not my first choice - I really like CAS cards done by others, but struggle with my own - I tend to want to fill up all that space, or add embellishments.  However, this cute Digi by Eureka Stamps - Cool Cat with Shades - worked well for me.  I edged the image layer with a bit of ColorBox Marigold ink.  (Tip - I did not tear the edges of that layer.  I did use my trimmer with a very dull blade I keep for that purpose - it is dull enough to give what I call a controlled ragged edge!)  The ink was applied directly from the mini ink pad, to add a hint of color and some dimension.  Another tip - the sentiment is also a digi by Eureka.  I printed it separately, hand cut it in a bubble shape, and photo copied it unto the cool cat image.  This process left a look of an edge around the sentiment - which I enhanced a bit using a grey chalk pencil.  It looks like a layer but is not.  I used a metallic pen to draw the line to "attach" the bubble, and also to add some specks to the background.  The cat was colored by mixing orange and beige chalk pencils. Thanks for looking.
CAS #182:  Eureka Stamps
CHALLENGES ENTERED:         
Animal:      Mod Squad Challenge
                    The Paper Shelter
                    Wags n Whiskers
                    Fan-tastic Tuesday
Cats:           Show us your Pussies 
CAS:           Clean and Simple on Sunday
Cute:           Aud Sentiments Challengeblog
Any:            Crafting-with-Friends
                     Crafty Gals Corner
                     Creative Fingers Challenge
                     Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
                      Our Crafty Corner
                     Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday     

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

haha! What a cute card, which will make anyone smile, Dorothy! Love the coloring and cool cat image! Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Lisa Mensing said...

So cute! Thank you for playing along at Crafty Gals

Corner's Anything Goes Challenge
. Lisa DT

Barbara said...

Love that expression on that cat! Wow, he could be used for many sentiments. Like, Where have you been. So cute and funny.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck!
Barbara, Challenge Host.

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this cat and his cool shades. (I got the image a few weeks ago-he is colored but not on a card, yet) You did a great job coloring him.

Susan said...

Cute cat...love the sunglasses. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

ike said...

A lovely card and very cool cat :-) I love CAS too but also find it very difficult. Well done with this one and thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Billie A said...

Sweet image and card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Dorothy! The image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Sue said...

Hi Dorothy, this is a lovely card, you have coloured that cute image beautifully and your card design is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this time at The Paper Shelter.
Sue...xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Cute card!!
Thank you for sharing with Creative Fingers!
Susan
DT for Creative Fingers!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Mariken said...

Wonderful card, I love this one!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!