Monday, May 2, 2016

New technique???

This is a terrible image because of the shiny panel,  You will have to trust me!  I am excited about a discovery that some of you have probably done a lot.  For a recycling piece I used the foil lid on a coffee can.  I intended to cut the Cuttlebug Thanks, but since the foil was thinner than cs, it did not cut.  Instead, it sort of embossed - looks a lot like what I call tin art that was popular a few years ago - using a nail to create tiny holes in metal.  I did sponge some black ink but it did not really fill in the word outline as I expected.  I also die cut the stars and the Spellbinder banner (border) from the coffee can foil.  This is another favorite color combo - black and white, this time with silver.  I was recently in a gift shop and saw a large collection of CAS black and white cards.  I wanted to take pictures of all of them!  The embossing is a Darice hearts folder.  I think this would be suitable as a masculine thank you.
Sketch:   Mojo Monday
Recycle:   Frilly and Funkie
Favorite colors:   Pink Gem
Masculine:    Inky Impressions
Paper embellishments (stars, scallops):  Addicted-to-stamps


5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A great design and I love your newly discovered tin art.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

It is really hard to photograph shiny objects, isn't it? This was a great idea, and you carried it out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "It's Not Easy Being Green" Challenge!

craftysahmiam said...

At first glance I thought it was a stamp that had been pushed into hot embossing powder to create the panel. Thanks for sharing your neat "new faux tin art technique" / recycling items with us .

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a cool card. Love your recycled lid project. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a classy card and a really cool effect! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx