Monday, August 1, 2016

SCS Dare to Get Dirty - an anniversary card

If you are a member of SplitCoastStampers and have joined the Fan Club (fee required), you are eligible to participate in the week long Fan club Dirty Girl challenges.  There are 40 some different challenges and lots of prizes.  I think the deadline is Aug. 8.
Yesterday at church I heard that friends are celebrating their 61st anniversary - if you look at my blog regularly you see lots of big numbers here Tee hee!  Since we are residents of the AZ desert, I thought a  palm tree theme would be appropriate, and I used some DP (Debbie Mumm) that has been languishing in my drawer for a lon time!  I did some of the cuts with the dull blade I keep to create rough edges. Both stamps are SU - Balmy Breezes and Fundamental Phrases.  I used watercolor pencils for the image; Cuttlebug die numbers, and a bit of Washi tape. (At this rate I will have Washi tape for the next 50 years LOL!)  Even though we have palm trees all year long, they still make me think of summer and the 110 days we have been having.
Sketch #258:  Sketch Saturday
Summer:   Cuttlebug Mania
Use a number (sadly, this is closing):   Chocolate Coffee Cards
Any:    Inspiration Destination

5 comments:

Creaine said...

nice! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Such a different desert card. Thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

Diane said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining our final challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!
Diane CC&C DT

Jen Leeflang said...

What a lovely anniversary card! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Saturday for our #423 Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck - and please join us again soon!
Love
Jen Leeflang
SKETCH SATURDAY DT

lbwright22-loopylou said...

great card. Hope they have a good anniversary. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week. Louise SS DT