Friday, March 31, 2017

Gila Bend, Az - USAFA Wings of Green and WIngs of Blue


Displaying 20170328_114527.jpgDisplaying 20170328_092651.jpgHDisplaying 20170328_104518.jpg


Displaying 20170328_102315.jpg
This week hubby and I had a chance to make the 60 mile jaunt to Gila Bend, AZ.  Our granddaughter is spending the week at an Air Force Facility there.  She is a member of the Wings of Green of the US Air Force Academy.  The Wings of Blue (Juniors and Seniors) were there also.  All were hoping to get in a lot of practice parachute jumps - I fear it was a bit too windy to do as much as they wanted.  We watched her do jump #69 and 70.  Here are photos with her grandfather; packing her 'chute; practicing the group maneuvers they will do before deploying the 'chute; loading the plane, and, finally, coming in for a landing.  Adrienne is on the demo team - she is hoping to be a part of the team that will drop into such events as major football games, etc.

1 comment:

Di said...

Hi Dorothy! Can you please check out my blog post over at the Snippets Playground,http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/pixies-snippets-playground-week-271-and_26.html

You won recently and I need your mailing address. My guess is that with being away you haven't checked the blog - which is understandable, real life is more important.

If I don't hear by the coming weekend then I'll assume you aren't interested in the prize after all and will do a redraw. My email addy is on my blog, RHS!

Di xx