Saturday, September 23, 2017

Silhouette Nativity

I have been looking for a Nativity die, and just got this - now I realize I am not sure how best to use it.  Your suggestions/references/links are most welcome.  I embossed the bg. with snowflakes and distressed stripes.  I cut the die in black, then used a small piece of shimmery old gold to back the rays at the top. I used a circle die the right size, and cut a half circle.  I then trimmed a bit so it would not show behind the frame of the stable, leaving enough of the gold to back the star.   Alternatively, I could die cut the star and place it in the opening - and have no gold behind the rays.  Hubby suggested cutting the rays in gold, but that is too much delicate cutting and gluing for me!  The base mat is a deep red, almost burgundy and the ribbon is metallic gold.
Sketch:  Sketch Saturday
Shimmer     Simon Says Stamp Monday
Silhouette CAS:    Happy Little Stampers
Die cut:   Clean and Simple on Sunday
Christmas:     Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge 
                        Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge2.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Heather said...

Beautiful card and a fabulous die! I really like what you have done with it here, with the gold behind the rays and the star. And you used my favorite embossing folder (the snowflake one)! The only suggestion I could think of would be to back the die with a sponged/brayered starry night sky background. I hope you find many ways to use this beautiful die that speaks to the true meaning of Christmas. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Catherine said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the design and embossed background. The addition of the gold ribbon give it the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Beverly S. said...

I can see where this die would be hard to come up with ideas for BUT you did a very good job with it!!!! I also like how you did the white embossed background too. :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely with the gold behind the raws!
Nancy

Claire Grantham said...

I really love your card, great use of the Nativity die, I can see how ideas might be hard..have you considered just putting it on a bright christmas coloured piece of card? Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

Neets B said...

What a lovely die and you've made a wonderful Christmas card. Although, I think this is a little too busy to comply with our CAS guidelines at HLS where we require minimal embellishments and plenty of non-patterned white space. Please do join us again.
Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

Chrissie said...

I love the silhouette you used but as Anita mentioned for our CAS challenge don't be afraid to leave lots of white space with no layers, embossing, printing or adornment!
Lovely card though!
I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting, but a holiday got in the way!
Thanks so much for entering the CAS Challenge at Happy Little Stampers!
Chrissie