Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sending smiles

My card sales have gone well this season - I sell at a small craft fair, held in our RV park every other Saturday.  It is all I can do to keep a decent stash, and fill several special orders.  Thinking of you cards go fast - so many in our age group are seriously ill.
I used Mardi Gras colors, purple, green and yellow (gold) for this challenge:  http://amusestudiochallengeblog.blogspot.com//http

The sketch:  ://www.sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com/




I usually struggle with small squares, but I am pretty happy with this result.  The vine image is from the Rubber Cafe, and the sentiment is Dandelion Designs.  I colored with a green chalk pastel crayon and gold gel pen.  I added some ribbon and purple rhinestones.

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

Very sweet and I do like the Mardi Gras colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Patti P. said...

How wonderful that you have a market for your cards, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I love ivy and this is such a pretty image. Love the way you did the squares!
Patti SSW/DT

mulberry station said...

yes, Dorothy, the right click and copy should work....but sometimes internet explore and blogger has other ideas. It doesn't always work but should. Your card is beautiful. I love the vine you have used to trail down the squares. It is lovely. Such a nice take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Oh what a stunning card Dorothy!! Love your colors and the embossed layer. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Kathie said...

Hi Dorothy you card really makes my smile I do love your vine in twining in the squares. This card has so many different uses and I love your colours. Great job and thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie
SSW-DT

Arlana 11426 said...

What a sweet card and I love the vines.. Have a sweet day! Arlana@SSW!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, love the sweet image and the beautiful details.
luv
Debby

Genevieve said...

Very sweet card, the vines through the square panels is pretty!
Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Sharon Basel said...

Dorothy this is wonderful! I just love how you incorporated the sentiment and the vines in the small squares of the sketch - very creative touch. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Heide said...

What a great job with the sketch! Glad to hear you card sales are doing well. I love that you carried the vines in the smaller squares. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs. Heide SSW-DT