Saturday, February 9, 2013

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME, and one more card

WOW!  I just realized that I started this blog one year ago, February 10!  I started it in order to have a place to upload my cards - mostly for challenges.  I am surprised at myself - 390 cards here in addition to over 150 at my gallery on Splitcoaststampers - generally I do not upload to both locations.  I feel I have grown in my stamping  by following these challenges - even though I do regress on occasion!

This time, I think my brain is kind of non functioning!  I have been thinking about the Simon Says challenge for several days - base a card on a fairy tale.  Nothing comes to mind.  So I guess this is a real stretch - maybe satire?  I saw this digi image in my stash, and thought of Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf!  Now, these cute ones do not fit that picture at all.  Oh, well...  I added a sentiment from a Recollections set, and some Basic Grey tape.  The DP is from a huge collection of double sided cs from Costco.
Sketch:  http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/
Fairy tale inspiration:  http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tracey said...

That wolf in the background looks pretty scary to me, and for sure reminds me of the Little Red Riding wolf! Beaufiful tone on tone card! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Dawn said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the wolf image. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Wow! Over 500 cards in a year?? Way to go!!!
Great image!! I like that die cut, too!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Melissa Craig said...

Congratulations on your 1 year blogging. The card is beautiful, I love the wolf and her pups. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.