Tuesday, July 14, 2015

HB, Marilyn

Happy Birthday, Marilyn.  Her husband asked me to make a card for her.  They are fellow RVers, and she does enjoy sitting on their patio watching the birds - especially hummingbirds.  I   thought I had a better image to use, but made this work.  I fussy cut the chair (Peace Within, Stampin' Up).  The actual image has a cat relaxing on the chair, and Marilyn is not necessarily a cat person.  So I used one of the pieces from an Art Impressions pop-up set - a purse.  Not sure if you can see this - the tail and ears were showing under the purse, so I tucked in a couple of tiny leaves - hope you think they fell from the tree!  Lots of improvisation here...  the embossing folder (Sizzix) is actually a fall one with pumpkins by the fence, but I trimmed it a little and I think they are pretty well disguised for this summer scene LOL!!!  I used chalk to highlight the embossing, and to color the chair and flowers.  The birds are Cheery Lynn dies and the strips are Washi tape.  Sentiment by the Rubber Cafe.  Butterfly embossed bg by Darice.  The card is 8.5 x 5.5.
Sketch:    http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/
Colors (the closest I could figure out) - sunset, leaf, slate, white):               http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/
Chalk:   http://chalknstock.blogspot.com/ 
Bird (animal) and sentiment:   http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Birthday:   http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/
Any:    http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/AG-no-41.html

8 comments:

~ginny said...

Dorothy - I am so impressed with your improvisation! LOL! Hiding the cat's tail with a leaf is creative!! I really like what you did with the Hummingbirds too! In the summer we have about 160 to 175 Humming birds feeding here... takes 8 quart size feeders - filled every single day to keep them happy! That's about 100 lbs of sugar a month! Nice job on the embossing, fussy cutting and the use of silhouette techniques on your design. Delighted you are sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#135 – Animal[s] + Sentiment]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card love the soft tones.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Love the embossing! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Unknown said...

Super precious and elegant.. looks so relaxing. I love the embossing background. Thanks for playing with us at CDD Linky Party. Hope you had fun!
Giorgia DTM

Donna said...

What a pretty card! I love the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

Tina H said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing! Thanks for joining our Birthday Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas!
DT Tina

G Eileen Studios said...

Such a peaceful scene, Dorothy. Thanks for sharing on the Color Dare!

lorby said...

Beautiful layered card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Chalk N Stock for July.