Friday, November 20, 2015

Inspired background

I attempted a background I saw demonstrated on a video - using pens and a spray bottle.  I am not sure where my sprayer is right now, so I tried an aqua pen - which did not work at all.  As you can see, the result is sharper lines than I anticipated - but I decided to go with what I had.  I used washi tape in similar colors for the strips.  The stamp is Stampabilities, and the embossing is Woven by LifeStyle crafts.  My original inspiration was the silhouette look.
Sketch:        https://joannamunster.com/2015/11/15/ibsic-100/
Inspiration:  http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/
Emboss:       http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.com/
Any:              http://eurekastamps.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous! Love the technique and colors. And the washi tape is inspiring because I have washi tape and need to use it more. Thanks for playing along at Eureka! Stamps Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Eureka stamps!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
>^.^<

Kathy S said...

Great interpretation of the Photo Inspiration at The House That Stamps Built this week. This was a challenging one, but you've really pulled it off. Love the texture and patter paper choices. As always, thanks for your participation in the challenge. Always a pleasure to visit your blog.

Ina G said...

Love the effect you got with the aqua pen. Not an easy task. Great take on the inspiration challenge at The House. It certainly was a challenge. Lovdly card Dorothy. Thanks for pooping in on my blog and leaving your lovely comment.

Heather said...

So pretty! Your color combo is fabulous and I really like your take on our photo inspiration challenge. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Mynn xx said...

I think this is beautiful! I LOVE the colors you chose! The silhouette stamping is fabulous, too! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jo Herbert said...

Great technique and colour combination. Your card is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Inspired By Stamping. Hugs Jo IBS DT

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

This is such a great technique and I think you nailed it! Beautiful colors as well. Thank you so much for joining us at IBSIC. Hugs, Joanna