Friday, April 8, 2016

Spring song

I can hear the birds singing - at least, in my mind!  This image is from Our Daily Bread, Music Speaks.  The card is a bit of an experiment for me.  I have a whole pack of this double sided cs - black and cream stripes backed with solid cream, which I used for stamping the image.  The back of the card is also striped.  I colored with shiny metallic pens, trimmed with deckle edge scissors, and added Making Memories mini flowers with tiny black gems. The two strips are Washi tape.
ODBD:   o = outdoor;  ODB stamp;  d =  deckle edge;  b = bird, butterfly, black, beads, blossoms;     d = double row (washi tape); dimension.  Jo's - colors- black, red, green;  embellishments - flowers, beads;  technique - layering.
CHALLENGES ENTERED:  
Sketch:     Sketch Saturday
ODBD:     Our Daily Bread
Recipe:     Jo's Scrapshack  
Any:          Artistic Inspirations
                   Craft Your Passion
 
  

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card, thanks for playing along at Sketch Saturday.

Joyce Tompkins said...

Such a beautiful card! And I love the image you choose. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Michelle said...

Very beautifull. I like the black and white background.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck, Michelle (DT)

Angie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge.
I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
Angie DT
Jo’s Scrap Shack

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card!! I just love the classy black and white with that bird. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful. I love how you used the washi tape to make the background. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia