Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Happy 59th to my hubby

After 59 years we do not always make a big deal of anniversaries, but I did want to make a card this time.  Hubby has had a slow recovery from back surgery and can use a little extra attention.  I am so blessed to be married to him.  It is hard to know he is still in a lot of pain.  The surgery helped what it was supposed to, but other pain probably cannot be fixed.
I found this image in my digi file - I listed the source as The Doodle Garden, but now I cannot locate them on line.  I colored with chalk pencils which work well for me with printer ink!  The sentiment is part of the image, but I cut them apart and separated them with twine - this fits the sketch, which I rotated.  The corners (EK Success) and border (Martha Stewart) are punches.
Sketch:    Sketch Saturday

 Men:       DLArt
Weather:    Pink Gem


Any:   Word Art Wednesday

            Jo's Scrapshack

12 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Pretty card thanks for playing at agoac. I have some candy on offer

Unknown said...

Its a lovely card and |I'm sure it will bless him. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow 59 years together - that's pretty wonderful and amazing. I hope your hubby starts feeling less and less pain as time goes on after the surgery. I'm sure this card cheered him up a lot and I can tell you definitely love him. thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.

Lori Kobular said...

Such a happy and cheerful anniversary card! I do hope your husband is feeling better each day!

aussie aNNie said...

Dorothy, thank you for calling in to my blog, I have not seen you for a long time and lost touch...love your wonderful card and hugs to you both.xxx{aNNie}

DIANA L. said...

This is really great!! Happy birthday to your HUBBY!!!
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #181-“Boys or Men” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

katieo said...

I hope your hubby recovers soon. I know it is a long haul. I have had 3 back surgeries. Happy Anniversary Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Boys or Men Challenge/ Katie-DT.Member

Amanda said...

Happy 59th. Congrats. Prayers for your hubby. Thanks for joining us over at Jos for Funday Friday Challenges.

Amanda DT

Gloria said...

Happy 59th birthday!
I hope your hubby recovers.
I believe this card help your hubby.
This card is so delightful and beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining us a Sketch Saturday this week.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. Happy Anniversary to you. Hope your dh recovers real soon.

crafty-stamper said...

Great anniversay card and congratulations on 59 years -hope your huby is recovering well--Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog and in answer to your question we are in East Yorkshire -England and today we had some sun not a lot and now very cold !
Carol x

Heather said...

Wow! Congrats on 59 years together; that is so awesome!! And your card is so sweet. I think the sentiment is perfect for an anniversary. It definitely should be a happy day. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack. (Sorry I'm so late in commenting, excuses, excuses, excuses!)