Thursday, March 9, 2017

Serene farm scene

Recently I have seen several beautiful cards that feature lovely backgrounds as a base for silhouette images.  Some are sponged and some are "squished".  I decided to try my hand.  I used various Twinkling H20 inks with an aqua pen.  I have several colors of this ink but still was somewhat limited - though I am pretty happy with the result.  (I painted the base cs in the location where I knew the digi would be printed.)
Digi - Beccy's Place Nell's Cottage;  Twinkling H2O ink; Spellbinder circle dies;  Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU sentiment (very old!); twine, scrap of DP, green cs.  For my snippets I used a bit of twine and small pieces of green to back the DP, as well as a bit of cs for the sentiment.
Sketch:  Mojo Monday
"Snippets"    Pixies
Go Green:   Crafty Cardmakers
Going round in circles:   Whoopsie Daisy
Add green:   Delicious Doodles
Dies:    Happy Little Stampers
Any:   Beccys Place

13 comments:

Pam said...

Great job on the background! Beautiful use of color. An overall lovely card. Thank you for sharing your design in our "Go Green" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
:) Pam

Petra-loves-paper said...

I absolutely love the background you made, wow! thanks for joining our challenge, Petra DT Beccy's Place

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful scene card. Thank you for playing along with HLS Anything Goes with Dies.

Beccy said...

You've done a fabulous job on the background Dorothy, the colours are gorgeous. I love the way they all blend together so beautifully... I think it looks like an early morning scene, but it could just as easily be evening.
The embossed background adds lots of great texture and I also like the addition of the green card stock and patterned paper. Lovely.
Cheers,
Beccy

Di said...

Wonderful card Dorothy - love your H2O background (how clever to position it and then overprint! I wouldn't have thought of that trick!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Lovely background and brilliant layout.
Waving hello from the Snippets Playground.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card and beautiful scene too.

Sue xx

Lynn said...

A great job, such a beautiful sky. I really do like the layout of the card too. Lynn x

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at whoopsi daisy Louise DT x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

valscraftings said...

Thanks for sharing your project with us, love your card. Val DT xx
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/

julie1 said...

beautiful, thank you for playing at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again xx

Kay Dalton said...

lovley card,thanks for joining us at Delicious doodles hugs kay