Tuesday, April 11, 2017

HB, Dale

I used this clipart image a while ago, and realized it would be perfect for our friend.  He and I have birthdays within a few days of each other, and we just celebrated a few days ago.  They are snowbirds and headed for their summer place in Colorado. So he already has the card, and he enjoyed it even more than I  expected!  Unless you are Nebraska fans, you probably do not realize that Herbie Husker is a mascot of the football Cornhuskers.  With a nickname like that, and the ear of corn you can see, this must meet the farm theme of the Creative Corner challenge!
Sketch:  Sketch Saturday
Birthday:   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday
                    Aud Sentiments
Outside fun:   Creative Knockouts
Farm Friends:   Creative Corner 

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How fun! This card makes me smile! :)
Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Brenda said...

This is a fun card! I didn't realize his name was Herbie, but as a Kansas State alumni, I am familiar with the Cornhuskers. You've used the sketch so nicely, I love the contrast of the lines and stars. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday this week!

Borqna said...

Lovely card!
I'll be glad you soon again to participate with us -
IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/

Have a Happy Easter!

April said...

Great masculine card. I struggle with cards for guys myself. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
April

Joanna M. said...

Super fun card Dorothy. I love the red. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Sketch Saturday challenge this week. Good luck.
~Jo

Creative world said...

Super fun image,perfect coloring and fantastic design...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE
Zeljka DTxx